Friday, March 14, 2014

Profile Project Progress



Our project for this quarter is another Hiki No Project called "Elder Words of Wisdom." For this project I'm working with Ian Kimura and Jonnika Alumpe. For this project we had to interview an elder from one of our families. We interviewed Ian's dad at his grandparents house and we filmed the B-Roll at Kauai Lagoons. Ian's dad told us about how he struggled in college and learned from his mistakes to rise up and try again. In the interview I was the camera person. I had to make sure the shot was focused and in the rule of thirds.

During the interview process of interviewing Mr. Kimura we encountered some difficulties. First, we had some trouble checking the mic. It also took us some time to focus the camera so the shot was clear and focused on the interviewee.

For my team to work better we could communicate better so then we could all meet up. I think this because when we were doing B-Roll Nika and I couldn't be there because we could not contact her and I was sick. Also because we didn't know when our other team members had free time to come and film.

I think there are some things that my team could do to improve this interview. First we could have gotten more B-Roll. I think this because we needed to cover some of the cuts that we made while editing. We could have also rewatched and refilmed the interview so then we never need to cut out so many things. Finally, I think we could have had the interviewee talk mostly about one subject. I think this because Mr. Kimura was at first talking about his experiences in college and then he started talking about other things like how he was a janitor and how he fixes cars.








1 comment:

  1. I like how your blog really shows how much you love anime!

    ReplyDelete